Quit smoking with our help
The effects of cigarette smoke are bad, both for you and those around you.
Smoking can affect your lungs, heart, veins, arteries, stomach, mouth, throat, skin, bones and your fertility. Through passive smoking you can also pass these effects on to those you care about.
Just knowing that cigarettes are bad for your health might not be enough to make you stop, but it’s a great start. After that, it’s about getting all the support you need.
Starting out - all the power you need to say no to cigarettes
Our free Stop Smoking Service gives you access to support, tips and pharmacy advice about the latest stop smoking aids.*
Take as much support as you feel you need from our team, who are able to help you:
- Decide which stop smoking method you’d like to use to quit (including nicotine replacement patches, sprays and inhalers).
- Manage your cravings.
- Dispense your initial nicotine replacement product.
- Arrange your next appointment.
Staying stopped – beating the craving for life
Our pharmacy team will give you the help you need to quit cigarettes for good. The Stop Smoking Service offers:
- Continuing advice about lowering your nicotine replacement needs until you no longer crave cigarettes.
- Weekly counselling sessions for as long as you need them.
- Advice on smoking cessation medication like Bupropion, which can help double your chances of successfully stopping smoking.
To find out how your risk of heart attack or angina is affected by smoking we can give you a carbon monoxide test. It’s a quick and painless test (your Pharmacist will clip a small device to your finger), which will indicate the levels of carbon monoxide in your blood by shining light through your fingernail.
For more advice about the carbon monoxide test or other stop smoking tips please visit your local Co-operative Pharmacy.
*Not all services are available in every branch. Please contact your nearest Co-operative Pharmacy for local details. Find a branch
If you found this article useful, take a look at: