Free NHS Quit Kits 2013
The Co-operative Pharmacy is working together with the Department of Health to help smokers quit for good with free NHS Quit Kits.
Our branches can give vital support to help you to stop smoking and provide a convenient and relaxed environment.
We have stocked up on NHS Quit Kits in all branches across England. These kits have already helped thousands of people across England to give up smoking. The Department of Health has worked together with experts, smokers and ex-smokers to develop the Quit Kit and it contains a range of practical tools and advice to help smokers quit successfully, including advice on how best to plan an attempt to quit, an addiction test and tips on how to boost willpower.
What's inside the 2013 Quit Kit?
Stop Smoking advice/help
Stop Smoking App
Stop smoking desk calendar
Quit Kits also include reminders of the reasons to quit that will help boost motivation and tips on how to beat cravings, including information on stop smoking medicines and a ‘tangle toy’ to keep your hands busy! The Quit Kit also lists a range of additional expert support that’s available to smokers, such as local stop-smoking services.
Research conducted with those who received a Quit Kit between January and March 2011 showed that 87% would recommend it to a friend. It also showed that of those who received a Quit Kit, 70% of smokers made a quit attempt and 56% had successfully quit at the time of research. Look out for the national Quit Kit TV and Radio campaign!
Links to Stop Smoking Websites and other resources for Quit Kit users:
Smokefree (Department of Health) - Visit the Smokefree website
- Advice and information
- Real Life quitters
- Quit Tools
- Why Quit?
- Smoking and Pregnancy
Quit App - Quit Smoking Support on your mobile phone with a free Quit Smoking App from iTunes:
- Provides daily support and instant tips
- Keeps track of how much money you’re saving
- Shows how many days you’ve been Smokefree
- Includes a direct dial phone number to the NHS Stop Smoking helpline
- Provides links to local NHS Stop Smoking Services
Quit Widget - receive daily support on the computer to help you successfully stop smoking. The widget helps by:
- Offering daily motivational support
- Providing instant tips, benefits and facts
- Tracking how much money you’re saving
- Showing the days you have been Smokefree
- Linking to Stop Smoking services
- Highlighting the relevant features and videos
MP3 Downloads - Stress-busting mp3s from NHS Smokefree
These new ten-minute trainers, 'stress buster for the mind' and 'stress-buster for the body', have been scientifically proven to reduce your urge to smoke. When you crave a cigarette, simply use the trainers to help you stay calm and focused on quitting.
Smokefree Helpline - Call now on 0800 022 4332 (Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday and Sunday, 11am to 5pm.)
Together support at home – Smokefree Together programme
If you have a busy lifestyle then the Smokefree Together Programme may be perfect for you. It means you have the right support at your fingertips, exactly when you need it.
How it works
The Smokefree Together Programme is totally free and you can choose how you'd like to be contacted:
- Mail packs containing vital information, tips and encouragement to help you along the way
- Text alerts at crucial times will keep you motivated
- Emails filled with advice and support
- Phone calls from specialist advisers to answer your questions and provide support when you need it most